Reed Diffuser Performance Tips
In order to maximize the performance of your reed diffuser, please observe the following tips:
- Place your diffuser in a high traffic area where the fragrance will disperse throughout the room with air circulation. Another great spot is just inside the room near the door so you pick up the scent as you enter the room. In many cases, think of a diffuser as a bouquet of flowers - you'll smell the fragrance as you walk by, but it won't necessarily fill the room with fragrance.
- Flip the reeds for more fragrance. You can flip a few reeds every few days or all the reeds everyday. Keep in mind the more reeds you flip and the more often you flip them, the faster the fragrance oil will evaporate.
- Use caution when flipping the reeds. Flip the reeds over a wastebasket or sink and be sure to clean the vessel of any fragrance oil drips before placing on a delicate counter top.
- Use a coaster or plate under your diffuser to keep any oil drips from damaging a precious counter top.
- Flip all of the reeds on all of your diffusers before leaving for vacation. When you return home you'll be welcomed by an inviting fragrance rather than a stale, stuffy home.
- If you buy refill oil for your diffuser, clean out the vessel with soap and water and let it dry completely before you refill it. It’s better to start with fresh oil than continuously add to old oil.
- When you change the oil, change the reeds. Reeds get dusty and clogged over time and lose efficiency.
Car Diffuser Usage Instructions
Please observe the following steps in order to properly use your car diffuser:
- Unscrew the top and remove the plastic cap from the bottle
- Replace the top and cover with a paper towel
- Lightly shake or roll the bottle to get the fragrance to saturate the wood inside the top
- Replace the plastic cap and screw the top back on the bottle
- If hanging in your car's rearview mirror hang no lower than 3" from the bottom of the mirror to keep the glass bottle from making contact with the windshield on abrupt stops or tight turns.
Refresh the wood on an as needed basis. You will likely want to do this about once per week. It is highly advised to NOT refresh the wood inside the car as spilled fragrance oil could damage your car's interior. Fire + Ice Candle Co. is not liable for any damages as a result of failure to follow the instructions provided.